My Favorite Immune Tips
- Move it, but do not over do it-Moderate exercise mobilizes your T-cells – key white blood cells that guard your body against infection. But too much depletes your immune system. Find the perfect balance for your body that includes at least one rest day a week.
- Stay hydrated – Drinking enough clean water is important to keep hydrated on a regular basis, especially when it is cold and flu season. Keep your immunity up by drinking plenty of water to stave off infection. Staying hydrated helps your body naturally eliminate toxins and other bacteria that may cause illness. Take your weight in pounds, divide the number by 2 and the resultant number is the minimum amount of water in ounces to drink per day.
- Eat the Rainbow – The more colorful your plate’s fruit and vegetables, the more vitamins and minerals your immune system gets.
- Spice it up – Cook with superfood spices like turmeric, garlic, ginger, and onion that add flavor while having potential anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties.
- Get some sunshine or take Vitamin D; Vitamin D helps regulate the immune system. Studies have found high Vitamin D levels to be associated with lower risk of infections of the upper respiratory tract, namely colds, which are caused by a strain of corona virus.
- Eat a healthy diet FREE OF REFINED SUGAR! It should also be free of refined food sources including salt, flour, and oils. Remember refined sugar paralyzes the ability of white blood cells to perform their duties for hours.
- Last but not least, regular chiropractic and/or acupuncture treatments are immune system boosters.
Yours in health,
Dr. Cindy Beemer
Beemer Back Center